Australia’s finest academic editors
Elite Editing is already Australia’s largest academic editing service but we are always growing. We are fast becoming one of the leading firms in the world. For this reason, we are always recruiting top editing talent from across Australia and New Zealand.
If you meet our exceptionally high standards and are invited to join our team, you can work for Elite Editing from anywhere in the country or abroad. All you need is a computer and web access together with exceptional editing skills. Think of this as just one of the perks working for Elite Editing will bring you. Others include:
- A flexible working environment
- Freedom to specify your own working hours
- Competitive rates of pay without the need to advertise, deal with clients or undertake administrative work
- Opportunity to work in a team of highly skilled, internationally recognised editors
- Up-skilling through training & advice offered by Elite Editing’s Head Editor and other highly experienced editors
Our working environment is geared to give our editors maximum work and lifestyle advantage while maintaining the highest standards in the industry. That’s why a position on our team is highly sought after nationwide.
Due to our rigorous selection process and extremely high standards, of the many high achieving editors wanting to work with us, only a small percentage is successful. Securing a place on our editing team is a coveted accomplishment.
Hiring of editors
Our retention rate is very high for those editors good enough to make it through our entry and training processes. We perform intermittent hiring rounds as needed, which are advertised on Seek.com, but you are also free to submit your application to us any time. If we do not need any additional editors right away we will keep your application on file and be in touch during our next hiring round. Some exceptional editors may be hired outside of our major hiring rounds.
Only outstanding editors satisfy our stringent selection criteria
To apply for a career with Elite Editing, you need to meet the following minimum criteria. You must:
- Be a native English speaker
- Hold a PhD & tertiary qualifications relevant to editing
- Have a successful track record & proven experience working as an academic editor
- Possess advanced word processing skills
- Be reliable, trustworthy & hardworking
- Have an eye for detail & be able to remove 99% to 100% of all errors from any document
- Be able to format long documents without errors or inconsistencies
- Have experience editing documents written by people with English as a second language
- Be familiar with the Australian university system
- Be willing to learn & improve
- Be looking for a long-term position
Once hired, editors must complete the Elite Editing training programme before they are permitted to edit work for our clients.
To apply, please email your cover letter, response to the selection criteria above and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to follow our application process correctly. Incomplete applications or those from applicants who do not meet our minimum criteria will not be considered.
For more information about working with Elite Editing or the selection process, please email email@example.com. However, please be sure that you have conducted as much research as possible yourself first before contacting us to ask questions. We will not respond to questions if the answers are available on our website.
Our 1800 number is for clients only, so we ask that you do not use this for career-related calls.
Back to top