Elite Editing is committed to providing professional and high quality academic editing at affordable prices. These Terms and Conditions set out both what you can expect from our services and your responsibilities when working with us.
By using the Elite Editing website, you accept the following Terms and Conditions. Elite Editing retains sole discretion to modify or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating the content of this page. We take all care to ensure that the information on our website is correct but we do not guarantee its accuracy. So Elite Editing shall not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from inaccuracies or omissions in our website information (or any hyperlinked website).
The client bears full and absolute responsibility for:
- The content, presentation, quality, final use and submission of all documents
- Their decision to implement any changes, copyedits or corrections suggested by Elite Editing
- Compliance with all university policies and guidelines together with all local laws (including the ‘Guidelines for Editing Research Theses’
in the case of postgraduate students, which involves checking all changes made by the editor prior to accepting them)
- Research and originality of all material provided to Elite Editing
- Final grades received by all documents edited by Elite Editing, acknowledging that grades are allocated on the basis of factors and opinions outside our control
- Keeping backup copies of all material provided to Elite Editing
- Obtaining a specific quotation for their document or project prior to paying and submitting the academic editing project to Elite Editing
- Providing a functional email address to receive communication and completed work from Elite Editing
- Providing final sign off of work completed by Elite Editing. If we have not heard from you within seven days of returning your edited document (or 14 days for a document of over 50,000 words), we assume you have approved our work and we bear no further responsibility for same
- Making full payment to Elite Editing for your project before editing commences (unless Elite Editing has agreed to provide you with an invoice that your university can pay within 30 days)
- Making full payment to Elite Editing for your project within 30 days if we have agreed that you do not need to make payment upfront and have invoiced you instead. If your university agreed to pay your invoice for you but fails to do so for any reason, you are legally responsible for making full payment of the invoice yourself
- Will take all reasonable steps to ensure academic editing is accurate and of high quality
- Guarantees all academic editing will be delivered by the deadline agreed between Elite Editing and the client at the start of the project
- Does not guarantee improved grades, successful grades or acceptance of content for publication and cannot be held liable for lack of same
- Does not guarantee that academic editing will result in ‘perfect’ or ‘error free’ work; we do not guarantee to remove 100 per cent of errors
- Keeps all client information strictly confidential and retains such information solely for the purposes of carrying out academic editing as commissioned by the client. Clients may request that documents be destroyed after a job has been completed. If this instruction is not received, Elite Editing may retain a copy of your documents for backup purposes only. No information will be passed to third parties, unless at the express request of the client (contacting the supervisor of a postgraduate student is an exception to this clause as doing so may be necessary to comply with the ‘Guidelines for Editing Research Theses’)
- Bears no responsibility whatsoever for any circumstances beyond our control that prevent us from completing the project (e.g. power cuts/black-outs/the corruption of files). In these circumstances, Elite Editing bears sole discretion to award clients a refund of monies paid
- Bears no responsibility whatsoever for bugs or file corruptions that cause problems or changes in documents (often in relation to formatting/layout), including those that occur after we have returned the edited document, as these are outside of our control. We will assist clients to rectify these problems to the best of our ability
- Reserves the right to refuse to quote for or to accept work that Elite Editing:
- deems to be offensive or objectionable;
- suspects to be plagiarised; and/or
- considers cannot be completed before the client’s deadline
- Will not edit work that has been plagiarised. If in the course of editing we determine that sections of a document have been plagiarised, these sections will not be edited. Plagiarism is presenting the words or ideas of others as if they were your own (for example, copying the work of another author word for word without indicating that it is a direct quotation). Clients will be notified of sections that we deem to have been plagiarised and advice will be given on how the client can rectify the situation. The client is not entitled to a refund regardless of the number of words contained in plagiarised sections that have not been edited because we will still have performed work in relation to these sections, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Bears no responsibility for any errors or omissions arising because the client did not clearly communicate their requirements
- Reserves the right to report a student to their university or educational institution if that student contacts us with the sole and express purpose of hiring us to plagiarise or write work for them
- Reserves the right to contact the supervisor of a postgraduate student in relation to the editing of his or her thesis, in compliance with the ‘Guidelines for Editing Research Theses’
- Does not endorse the services, products or websites that are linked to our site
- Shall have no liability for any indirect or consequential losses or expenses suffered by the users of this service however these may have been caused
- Will provide a refund of monies paid only in the event that the deadline agreed upon by the client and Elite Editing at the start of the project is not met, according to the conditions in the section ‘Delivery Guarantee’. Refunds are not provided in cases where the job has been completed and returned to the client on time
- When editing to conform to British/Australian English, unless the client specifically requests us to do otherwise, we follow the Australian Government Style Manual and the Macquarie Dictionary. When editing to conform to American English, unless the client specifically requests us to do otherwise, we follow the Chicago Manual of Style and the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
Customer satisfaction guarantee
In almost all cases, Elite Editing clients are completely satisfied with our work the first time. However, if you contact us within seven days of receiving your edited document (or 14 days for a document of over 50,000 words), we will revise or clarify our work free of charge strictly providing that this work falls within the scope of the original project (i.e. we will not revise or edit altered or new content free of charge).
The presence of errors that require revision or correction does not indicate that we have not performed our service well or in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
We do not automatically provide a complete re-edit for a document due to the presence of a small number of errors. Rather, we will work with you on the issues you identify until you are happy. Should you be concerned about the overall quality of the edit, you can request a complete re-edit. We will put the document through our quality management system to give it a quality score. If the quality score is lower than 90, we will provide a complete re-edit free of charge. If the quality score meets our high standards, we will simply work to correct and revise the errors you identify.
This guarantee does not imply that we will provide any refund on our service if you are unhappy. Rather, we will work with you to improve the document until you are happy.
Free revisions and corrections must be within the scope of the original job. We do not make revisions and corrections free of charge to aspects of the document that you change or new work that you include after we have returned the edited document to you. (If you make changes or write new material, you need to submit this to us for editing as a new job.)
The same condition applies to the formatting of your document. We will not make changes to formatting free of charge if you request changes that conflict with the original instructions you provided, or if corrections are required due to changes you have made to the document after receiving it back from us. Please also note that bugs and corruptions in Word files that cause problems with formatting are outside of our control and we do not take responsibility for issues with files that arise after we return them in these cases.
We are considered to have returned your document by the deadline if we have sent it to the email address you provided in your submission form by the deadline stated in our Editing Job Confirmation email. Provided we have done this, we are not considered to have missed the deadline even if:
- your mailbox is unable to receive the email and we must resend it
- owing to the large size of the file, it does not download to your computer until after the deadline
- you have provided us with the incorrect email address and we need to resend the email
- we are returning the file via Dropbox (or similar system) and it does not download to your computer until after the deadline.
The client agrees to fully indemnify and hold Elite Editing, its editors, employees and contractors harmless from:
- any inaccurate or misleading statements, representations or information contained in the documents returned by Elite Editing
- any inconsistencies in the quality, content, completeness, suitability, adequacy, sequence and accuracy of the clients’ documents
- any claim or demand, including reasonable fees and costs for the service of an attorney, or as may be made by any third party due to or arising from use of the service or website
- any violation by the client, or infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity by the client
Limitation of Liability
Elite Editing, its editors, employees and contractors are not liable for any damages that arise from our academic editing service, including:
- exemplary, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data
- any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omission, interruptions or any other inaccuracies (including, without limitation, as a result of any breach of warranty or other term of this agreement).
A client’s remedy for claim shall be limited to the amount they have paid to us, provided that proof of claim is demonstrated.
Elite Editing or any of its editors may terminate a project at any time for any reason.
In the event of a dispute arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms and Conditions, the client agrees to attempt to resolve the dispute by engaging Elite Editing’s Complaint Resolution process before commencing arbitration or litigation.
Prepared by Agatha Repasky, Town & Country Legal, 61 Carrington Street, Adelaide, SA, 5000.
Submit your document for world-class academic editing today.